(urth) Fringe

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:36:05 PDT 2012

Jeff Wilson wrote:

> Grrr...  At least George Lucas could say "Darth Vader" is Low German for
> "dark father".

Which was the last bit of artistic integrity he ever showed...

> Babylon 5 had a real plan for a 5 season arc, even though the "I have every
> episode outlined and the first season written" turned out to be a fib.

When did he claim this? I recall Straczynski claiming that he had each
season outlined as an arc, and he _did_ write seasons 3 and 4 all by
himself, but I don't recall claims like what you state above. I think
he fibbed much more when he claimed that the story came out the way he
wanted -- it's pretty obvious that the ending of the story was
originally to be Sinclair turning into Valen, for example, or that
Talia Winters was to fill the role that Lyta Alexander eventually
filled. He was quite adept at making the story flex to fit changes in
the cast.

But that's another story...

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes