(urth) Fairies and Wolfe

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Mon Apr 2 10:34:16 PDT 2012

On 4/2/2012 8:05 AM, Lee Berman wrote:
> I think I agree with Jeff, though again, I'm not fully sure what definition of magic
> he is using here.

Off the cuff, I'd say magic is characterized as an agency that is
similar to divine power except that it can be made to do a mortal's
bidding. Magic can be couched in material vessels like charms, fetishes,
or talking fish, but has the capacity to do what the the invoker
subjectively means to do rather than what the material vessels would
otherwise do as judged by objective observers.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >