(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: R.A. Lafferty

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Tue Apr 17 11:38:04 PDT 2012

I don't completely agree -

yes, the point of view is usually very external, not much deep
psychology, but they are mostly "adequate",
in difference from caricatures of Vance or ivory maidens of Tolkien -
and who of the SF and Fantasy
writers (I mean men) created good female characters?

usually GW gives only hints to subtleties of women psychology, but they
do not sound wrong to me

so, I'd say his art here is in the middle -

By the way, how do you (all of you) interpret the end of "The Doctor of
Death Island"? Is the
hero killed by his ex-wife?

Sergei Soloviev