(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: R.A. Lafferty

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 08:13:14 PDT 2012

--- On Tue, 4/17/12, Daniel Petersen <danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com> wrote:

And Tim Powers, two steps below Laff literarily, and ONE BELOW Wolfe, I think is very worth checking out for another highly original Catholic writer of wonderfully bizarre fiction.

-DOJP

Oh my! Well, I will admit Lafferty is a genius, but his failure to sustain a long narrative of such consistently high quality definitely leads me to the opinion that Wolfe is the more disciplined and consistent writer.  Perhaps some of his stylistic explorations were more mundane, but ...........

okay, different strokes for different folks.