(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: Home Fires

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:40:17 PDT 2012

>David Stockhoff: As long as they get out of their cells daily and have
>some daily contact with humans, confinement under those circumstances
>is not inhumane. This doesn't require unsupervised access to the community.

Intended or not, I'll take your word "community" to be the community of
prisoners and staff within a prison. I agree that it wouldn't be so
terribly difficult to arrange daily safe contact with specially trained
(and protected) staff members.

As per my conversation with Antonio, I think treating even the worst of
society in a humane manner is good not only for itself, but because it
has a positive effect on society as a whole, outside the prison walls.