(urth) Horn's abilities

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:53:43 PDT 2011

Daniel Petersen wrote:

> What's the deal with it being semi-physical?  Is it 'out of body' even
> though you can physically influence stuff in the place you 'go' to?  It's
> one of the weirdest things I've ever seen (because it's not as simple as
> time travel on one hand or visions on the other, etc.).  And Wolfe's
> introduction and development of it narratively (especially in In Green's
> Jungles) is one of the most jaw-dropping, mind-bending experiences I've had
> in reading.

I think it has something in common with an aquastor. It's clearly not
exactly the same; its source is different, and so are the precise
abilities of the travellers. But Malrubius says that though he is a
dance of particles, it's still possible to touch him, because all
matter is a dance of particles - and I think that works for astral
travellers as well.