(urth) Horn's ability

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:56:28 PDT 2011

>Gerry Quinn: It is a common expression in Ireland.  If you say “he’s a header”
>it will be understood as “he’s a head case”.

>Marc Aramini-  Why would Wolfe use an Irish expression in his far future
>Byzantine/South America?  I would need other examples of Irish slang
>associated with Hethor.

I understood in the exchange that Gerry had no way of knowing that "header" is
not a slang expression most Americans would understand (I would first think of
a method of propelling a soccer ball).

This is along the lines of Gerry not knowing that Americans do most commonly
associate the word "vine" with lianas. How he chooses to use this provided
information is up to him.

>Marc Aramini: In Bill and Ted, a garbage nonsense movie, their ability to influence
>the course of events is absurdly "ghost in the machine" type stuff.

I appreciated the "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" reference Marc. But I did think
there would be some here who had never seen that movie.

It is a little funny and (intentionally) a silly movie, but let's not forget it marked
the screen debut of SF/Fantasy movie mega-superstar Keanu Reeves. ;- )