(urth) Words and Such art

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:38:38 PDT 2011

The cover on the original Operation Ares paperback pretty good. The
cover on the original paperback for tIoDDaOSaOS was better than the one
with the purple skull. I preferred the paperback cover of "Endangered
Species" with the giant pollen spore to the stick wings one. Usually,
however, the original covers to the Long Sun volumes were atrocious IMO.
It's the original edition novels that tend to be the worst offenders.

However the original covers and illustrations for  The Wizard Knight,
Pirate Freedom, and And Evil Guest are very good.  Usually, it seems the
best his first editions can hope for is to be unoffensive.

J.