(urth) Typhon's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Oct 16 14:19:36 PDT 2011

On 10/16/2011 4:49 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
>> Gerry Quinn: I notice you don’t mention Typhon’s father.  Could that be something
>> to do with the fact that his father was TARTARUS?
>

> I think that is a good question, though the assumption that I ought to be addressing
>
> all the complexities of all the issues of these stories in one post is rather an
>
> unrealistic expectation. Neither did I address the indirect relationship of
>
> mythological Typhon to Phaea. She was the human caretaker of one of Typhon and
>
> Echidna's monstrous offspring, the Hus Krommyon or Crommoyon Sow. And no, I'm not
>
> going to discuss Babby at this time.
Please do!
> Anyway regarding Tartaros, I think this is another example of the father-son sequence
>
> confusion which is tangentially introduced througout the Sun series but is most explicitly
>
> stated in RttW.
Huh. Yes, the frequency with which these things occur---Silk and his
father, Horn and his sons---suggests that it may need a closer look as
its own phenomenon, rather than just a result of (or clue to) other
problems.
> As has been suggested in the past I think this has its basis in the father-son confusion
>
> of ambiguous gender Dionysus being a primeval Greek deity who gave rise to the Titans and
>
> Olympians and their paternalistic kings Chronos and Zeus. One of Zeus' offspring was then
>
> ambiguous gender Dionysus who was a primary deity (in various guises) during the pre-Christian
>
> period centered across what was Alexander's empire.
>

> I think it is the belief of many pagan cults that the paternalistic Christian religion
>
> which now dominates so much of the Western world will one day be again supplanted by
>
> worship of the hermaphroditic, One True God, Dionysus, Great God Pan, The Green Man or
>
> various other names he goes by.  Son-Father-Son-Father-Son gods...etc. It is confusing
>
> and I think WOlfe is astute in recognizing that gnostic confusion in this story.

Very nice! Tangentially, one could argue that the question of what to do
with the Trinity when presenting an alternative, pre-Christ mythology is
its own problem. That is, ones, twos, and threes become significant, for
better or worse. Avoid 3 or go with something else? If not 3-in-1, why
not 2-in-one? (Consider the monoecious plant, with 2 sexes in one
"house.") And never mind that we still don't know who Christ's mother was!

Two-in-one divinity takes one right back to divine incest, of course. A
hermaphroditic Deity represents an ideal union of what here on Earth is
forever divided. A self-pollinating "God" would fit right in, in Briah,
with its perpetual, cyclical regeneration.

Remind you of anyone, Lee?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111016-1, 10/16/2011
Tested on: 10/16/2011 5:19:37 PM