(urth) Silk's origin

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 11:14:35 PDT 2011

--- On Thu, 10/13/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Absolutely it is not opposite.
> Let me remind you of what Tussah said:
> "ALTHOUGH he is not the son of my BODY, my SON shall be
> Calde after me."
>
> Not of his body, but affirmatively his son. It's a mystery.
> It's not based on confusion on Tussah's part but full
> self-awareness. This would assume that Tussah is well-aware
> that Silk's and his own genetic ancestry which is entirely
> likely considering Lemur's knowledge of the Typhon family.
> And, as I said, Wolfe already dropped the dime on clones
> with the Pike/Rajan mix-up.

I know what you are saying about wolfean types of statements, I still think that's just talking about adoption in this particular case with the complete lack of physical similarities between Chenille and Silk.  (Food for thought: it says she's like a female AUK.  How about real misdirection?  Horn thinks Silk is the heir of Typhon and plants clues to hint at it when maybe it was always somebody else)

I really really really think this statement is non-interpretively saying, "although he is [my son silk] not of my body [from my genitals/ from my genetic material], my son [i bought and paid for him and planted him, Silk's my son, I came up with idea] shall be Calde after me"

Don't mean to argue with you so excessively but I just can't read this statement the way you do.  A beast with three horns, sure, I can wiggle, but this time he is saying Silk isn't of his body, though is his son.  If he was grown from a rib or cell, he would be of his body.