(urth) Seal of Pas

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Oct 28 08:43:58 PDT 2011

From: James Wynn
> On 10/28/2011 10:07 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > How could they *not* be in a unique arrangement?

> Horn and Nettle could have related that Silk saw a seal with a series of
> numbers. The fact that they related those precise numbers could imply
> that Silk told them what the numbers were, and that he could precisely
> recall them.
Or that Horn and Nettle made them up.  They can’t know every detail that is related anyway.
I agree that Wolfe had the option of not citing specific numbers, and that the citing of numbers opens the possibility that they have some secret extra-narrative significance.  But they don’t have to be significant.
- Gerry Quinn