(urth) Father Inire as Dionysus

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Thu Oct 27 05:37:43 PDT 2011

From: Lee Berman

> I think it is a goosechase to think there is more than one ship which
> becomes lost in the folds of time. The text hints there is only one and
> I take the hint.
Where is this ‘hint’?  The text TELLS us quite clearly that there were many:
"He came to sell his clothes, and they were the kind worn on the old ships that sailed beyond the world's rim long ago, and they weren't costumes or forgeries or even tomb-tender old garments that had lain for centuries in the dark, but clothes not far from new. He said his ships—all those ships—became lost in the blackness between the suns, where the years do not turn. Lost so that even Time cannot find them."
There’s also Jonas’s crashed ship.  Unless you think that Tzadkiel is going to crash on Urth some time in his future and Urth’s past.  Because he expects to find a port, and it is gone (that’s why they crashed).
There’s only one Ship.  But there are lots of ships.
- Gerry Quinn