(urth) Horn's abilities

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:44:10 PDT 2011

>> Not given the subsequent appearance of astral Oreb.
> On 10/26/2011 12:07 PM, Andrew Mason wrote:
> Oreb appears_before_  Pike. Silk wakes up to see 'Oreb' flyibng out to
> the window, then, if I remember rightly, talks to Mucor for a while,
> then goes downstairs and talks to the real (contemporary) Oreb, then
> hears the bed creaking, comes upstairs again, and sees PIke. PIke and
> Oreb aren't together; and given that Silk only saw him flying out of
> the window, it;s not clear that it is Oreb at all.

Yeah, when I wrote that I suspected it *might* have been the other way
around--but I decided to just go for it. And here's why: The events are
so closely connected in time it doesn't really matter.

Andrew, I think you and I have discussed before that one wants more
evidence than "Well, who else could it be?", but there really are a very
limited number of night choughs in the Long/Short Sun story. Even if
Silk had not discovered an astral old man in Pike's room, the existence
of an astral Oreb would be a strong hint that the Rajan was nearby.

J.