(urth) Horn's ability

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:48:11 PDT 2011

*On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>wrote:

This quasi-dream/quasi-reality essence is exactly what I think WOlfe was
going
for. He doesn't WANT us to be able to fully understand it.*

Yeah, or he wants us to 'understand' in a more 'mystical' mode - mystery for
the sake of 'enlightenment' (even if ineffable to some degree) rather than
mystery for the sake of bafflement and darkening.  It seems to me that it's
a *growth* process to begin to be able to perceive and ingest the many
levels of reality Wolfe throws at you at once in the text.  It can about
break you, but if you survive you'll be fuller, weightier, wiser.

*But you're right, there's a dreamlike quality to everything about the
Neighbors (and a fever-like quality to the inhumi).

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes*

Very nicely put.

-DOJP