(urth) Horns abilities

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:28:21 PDT 2011

James Wynn wrote (26-10-2011 16:30):

>>> consensus doesn't matter for definitely. I hate to say it but it's true.
>>> The earth is definitely not entirely flat whether we all agree or not. I
>>> am definitely not bald even if you think I am or might be.
>>
>> I chose the word 'consensus' precisely because it doesn't mean 'unanimity'.
>
> In the 14th century, the Earth definitely revolved around the Sun even if
> only Copernicus said so.
>
> There is simply no other reasonable explanation, given the context, for
> Pike's sparkly disapperating ghost and the astral flying Oreb Silk also
> meets upstairs at a time when Oreb's wing is damaged.
> Combine that with Rajan appearing in the grandmother's tale, and the
> timelines not matching for when Horn left, Hide left, Hoof left, and the
> ages of Sinew's sons -- well, dream-travel is time travel.

I've already assumed for the sake of discussion that time travel is
available to Incanto. I still don't see how it allows him to manipulate the
stories. Yes, it may explain his presence in the grandmother's (but then
again, that's about the most convincing evidence for time travel, so if it
can have a different explanation then there goes the evidence), but not the
others, nor the fact that they notice they're being manipulated.