(urth) Horns abilities

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:22:43 PDT 2011

Marc Aramini wrote (26-10-2011 16:21):
> --- On Wed, 10/26/11, António Pedro Marques<entonio at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I chose the word 'consensus' precisely because it doesn't mean
>> 'unanimity'.
>
> In Bill and Ted, a garbage nonsense movie, their ability to influence the
> course of events is absurdly "ghost in the machine" type stuff.  They
> need help out of a tight spot so they simple say stuff like, "Let's not
> forget to provide for that eventuality and aid ourselves later by coming
> back in time and fixing it."  Then, they are instantly aided.

That still doesn't explain the scene at the dinner table. Should Incanto
'dream travel' into the original setting of stories at some point (either
before, during, or after they're being told) (a thing for which there isn't
any evidence at all), the storytellers wouldn't be able to tell he had done so.

> The system of cause and effect is reversed and undermined, and I think
> the same thing is ocurring in the Wolfe story.  And I'm telling you it's
> definitely time travel related in one fashion whether anyone on earth
> except one or three other men agree with me or not, that's all there is
> to it.  A woman knows the child is hers, a man has faith that it is.
> That's all I want to say on it.

There are two separate issues here:

- whether it is definite for you
- whether it is consensual

Yes, it may be definite for you; however, for you to say it is definite, not
qualified explicitly or by context, and not expect others to complain, it
also has to be consensual.