(urth) Father Inire as Dionysus

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Wed Oct 26 07:47:11 PDT 2011

I would like to repeat that my approach to interpretation is different,
I believe there is a network of analogies, of cross references in the
text, rather
than strong causal connection. The name may be Hector, but I do
not say that it implies that all the other elements of Iliad must have
parallels in BoTNS.

We already discussed that the name Dorcas corresponds to the name
of the girl resurrected in the Bible. But it doesn't imply that all
the other episodes of the Bible have their counterpart in BoTNS!
There is too much references to different sources, they
cannot be all reflected to the same extent (hidden or not)
in BoTNS. (Cf. my post about Abraxas.)

I suggested that Hector may be just one more reference to our time.

The name Hector may be rare in the USA, but Urth is not USA!
By the way, other personage named Hector was captain Hector
Servadac in a novel by Jules Verne:
 >On the coast of Algiers, French Captain Hector Servadac, his orderly
Ben Zoof and the ground >below their feet are ripped from the Earth by a
passing comet. (Amazon)

Whet the name Kim Lee Soong is mentioned, it is told also that
the lands where this people lived are now under the sea. I.e., to give us
some information about the changing "face of Urth".

Sergei Soloviev