(urth) Father Inire as Dionysus

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 08:24:04 PDT 2011

--- On Tue, 10/25/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Father Inire as Dionysus
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 7:46 AM

IIRC, the lowest god flees at the end of the conversation and we see his back, so we know he is a liar.

From: David Stockhoff

> IIRC, in Wizard Knight there is an intimation that beyond the lower
> circles lie the higher circles---that together they form a great circle.

The Lowest God claimed that.  I’m not convinced we are supposed to believe him.

- Gerry Quinn

Yeah, what these guys said.  The interesting thing about this is that for the Aelf, humans are the next level "gods", so Able is in effect worshipping something that should be serving him with his objectification of Disiri.  Is this inversion bad or good?  In another spiritual writer I would probably say it's clearly bad, like letting money or lust drive us, but it seems as if almost "any" noble idealization might be worthy in the absence of the Universal.

  Arthr needs to be a better ruler to improve life on the lower plains (the Aelf are serving debased and imperfect gods and this is reflected in their degeneration/unhappiness.  That's kind of Able's message, his primary quest on that level of existence: Improving the lives of "subjects" by making a moral change in their god. (Sorry if I spelled those names wrong - been a long time since I looked at Wizard Knight).  The low god would actually serve everything, the trickling down of all the bad characteristics, only "believing" that below him was the Most High as a way to make him seem equally important, when indeed he seems to be in the lowest position of creation.  Interesting cosmology.