(urth) Catherine

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:59:11 PDT 2011

Sorry I should have worded my post a little better.  In every instance
I use the word Pelerines I should have used Mannea. Therefore maybe
Mannea has a connection with the Atrium of Time.
                                                   My guess as to
helped her escape to the Atrium-the Cumaen, who surely knew of
Severians destiny and sought to ensure his birth by hiding Catherine
in the Atrium.
                                                   What secret are you
referring to?
                                      It is not a fact that Catherine
is the real St Katherine.  She just portrays her in the ceremonies.

                       As to why Severian doesnt visit her after
becoming Auturch?  Maybe he does and just doesnt write about it.  Or
if she is indeed the woman dug up by Vodalus shes already dead by this
point.