(urth) Theories

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:49:02 PDT 2011

Ryan Dunn wrote (24-10-2011 18:41):

> I like to think of this list, however, as a group of adults with great and
> varied knowledge of a great many things coming together to support one
> another in their pursuit for understanding the deeper meaning of Gene Wolfe
> books.

Nah. All of us together couldn't spot a notule if a swarm were falling upon us.

Otoh maybe the portuguese proverb _Muita gente junta não se salva_ 'Many
people together not itself saves' - 'Many people together can't save
themselves' - 'A large group of people who have to reckon with one another
won't be able to achieve anything' applies.

> (...)
> It comes off a little patronizing at
> times, like how you might humor a young person at a party who is trying to
> explain to you something complicated. Like, "oh, that's great, I love it,
> now tell the group why you believe that."

I don't think that's it.