(urth) theories

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:42:35 PDT 2011

Lee Berman wrote:

>>Gerry Quinn: I can’t understand why such a person finds this and similar ideas
>>sufficiently attractive to persist with it....I’m merely asking a question about
>>the topic.  Is that against your rules?
>

> Gerry, the problem is that you have asked this same question numerous times over
> the past few years. I have given you detailed answers each time. Apparently it
> never sank in. What would be the purpose in repeating my answers to you?

Well, Lee, you have never explained it to my satisfaction either. I
simply do not see what the interpretive benefit of this theory
(finding Inire everywhere) is, or how to reconcile it with the plain
face value of, e.g., the death of Dorcas's husband. There is no
textual reason to believe that Inire can "pinch off" subroutines like
Tzad, and even if I take it as a given, I don't see the value of
Dorcas's husband being Inire.

Can you clarify this so that a dummy like me can understand it?
--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes