(urth) theories

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sun Oct 23 10:33:49 PDT 2011

From: Ryan Dunn

> And it appeared you were agreeing with Gerrys note which, in short,
> took a certain view of people who apparently were reading Wolfe
> the wrong way. That seems kind of close minded and elitist to the
> untrained eye.
I’m sorry if it bothers you that I think there are right approaches and wrong ones.  But it seems to me that all approaches to understanding Wolfe – or any author – cannot be equally useful.   I think reading his works as cryptic crossword puzzles and brainstorming for clues is an approach that is unlikely to be effective.
- Gerry Quinn