(urth) Typhon's nature

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:00:34 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM, David Stockhoff
<dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:

> Exactly. And the more glorious the better---Napoleon, for example, famously
> invented not only canned food but also Egyptology, the ambulance, the
> submarine, and so on. (Googling the topic, I find he also invented the
> computer and proved Napoleon's theorem, whatever that is. Might even be
> true!)

Don't forget margarine.

And legend has it that mayonnaise was invented _for_ Napoleon. He
liked to have his chefs dedicate a new dish to every major town he
conquered, and mayonnaise was the sauce in one of these. He didn't
like it.

(Actually, mayonnaise is recorded well before N.B. began his conquests.)

But why did he hide his hand?

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes