(urth) Undine's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Oct 19 10:19:49 PDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 1:11 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, October 19, 2011 11:38, David Stockhoff wrote:
>>> Don't forget the Pythagorean notion that beans are vessels for
>>> transmigration, and possibly reincarnation.
>> Good point, but how would that apply here?
> The "beans" may engender the resurrection or at least the cloning and
> memory copy of specific individuals, rather than being generic monster
> seeds. This would make Scylla's threat just a pretext, the beans were
> meant to be sown all along by the creatures who produced them, in order to
> reproduce their consciousness.

Ah, so it's beans as interstellar mind transfer technology. Interesting
idea. If anything, it seems even more compatible with the idea their of
absorbing and co-opting native DNA on planets they "colonize," since
minds naturally need bodies. And yet beans also grow into plants (in the
right conditions).