(urth) Undine's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Oct 19 06:40:56 PDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 8:38 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> I suppose it is possible that Cilinia’s emulated personality in
> Mainframe somehow stayed in communication with Scylla throughout the
> centuries of travel. But for Scylla to somehow develop from Cilinia,
> apart from being a flagrant contradiction of biology, also contradicts
> the beans story which suggests that the sea monsters are of
> extra-terrestrial origin (as does the existence of the Mother).

It occurs to me that creatures who enter the ecosystems of alien
planets, especially as "beans," would do well to make use of the DNA of
native plants and animals to survive and to compete with them. This
would explain the apparent mixed human-nonhuman geno/phenotype as well
as fitting the chaotic, cancer-like growth of the monsters.

And it would provide a corporeal counterpart to the mental/spiritual
imitative cannibalism of inhumi and alzabos.