(urth) Urth-Earth links

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Oct 19 04:37:35 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 11:21 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On 10/18/2011 8:11 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> On 10/18/2011 5:38 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
>>> I don't see that skin color supports their Ereban origin. Fuegians
>>> would
>>> have to sit at the back of an Alabaman bus, there's no Antarctic
>>> natives
>>> to judge by, and arctic indigines like Sammi and Inuits are also darker
>>> than the average caucasian. Maybe if they are white like cavefish from
>>> living in Ereban darkness under the ice or even in some of his lava
>>> tubes.
>> That was always my thought. Possibly the long winters at the Pole would
>> be the cause. OTOH, such details don't need to correspond exactly to our
>> world.
>
> I wouldn't think so either, except for the inclusion of the discussion
> on how immigrant peoples come to resemble the likeness of the
> indigenous inhabitants.
Right. But we don't know the pandours come from the southern peninsula.
Since they arrive by troopship, they could be coming from anywhere,
including farther south. Erebus is Darkness but also an Antarctic
volcano. Since Antarctica lacks natives ....

On another topic, maybe the Wall is still useful after all. The
troopship appears to have evaded any flyer patrols.