(urth) Urth-Earth links

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Oct 17 15:29:48 PDT 2011

From: Lee Berman

> Hm. Advanced physics technology comes from the angels while advanced
>  biological technology comes from witches and undersea monsters. Could
> this reflect an engineer's prejudice regarding the sciences?  Though I was
> a bio-science major myself I could imagine an engineering student's
> preference for the nice, clean confines of a physics lab over the smelly
> funk of a bio-lab.

I doubt whether Wolfe would worry too much about the distinction. Both sides use the alzabo glands, for example.  Typhon uses high technology.  And for all I know, the undersea monsters may be driven by nanotech rather than some alien biology.  Their technology may be so advanced it is not recognised as such.

- Gerry Quinn