(urth) Urth - Earth links

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 11:52:16 PDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 2:46 PM, Marc Aramini wrote:
> One more key point.  While I think the solar cycle has Jesus, it's pretty clear that Wolfe wanted to play with a medieval world without Christianity dominating in the Wizard Knight - maybe he thought about the implications of such a world and I feel for sure that is part of his motivation in exploring Mythgarthr etc.
I agree. One "big question" that such a story would answer is: can there
be ethics without God (including Christ as proof of God's yadda yadda)?

Since Wolfe is not a Protestant, his answer is not necessarily "no."
Because he loves myth and sees it as a genuine answer to real problems,
his answer is "probably." Does the book prove it? Hard to say.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111014-0, 10/14/2011
Tested on: 10/14/2011 2:52:17 PM