(urth) Typhon's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 08:51:20 PDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 10:54 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> *From:* David Stockhoff <mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net>
>
> *> *
> Positing that Typhon's labs could insert nanorobots into embryos doesn't
> *> *
> tell us what to do with the "carefully controlled matings" remark.
> Perhaps both are needed for optimal performance.
I'd only comment that at some point what might be complementary
technologies become redundant technologies, and a story becomes
inefficient and chokes on its own, er, waste.
> Really, I agree that genetic engineering is the most obvious
> technological way to go in producing the desired effects, at least
> with our current understanding. I’m willing to assume that that
> (probably combined with carefully controlled matings) was probably
> what was done. But I don’t think we know for sure, and if there was
> some special reason to believe it was nanobots instead I’d happily
> countenance it.
Absolutely.
> The telepathic internet described by Mamelta, after all, doesn’t seem
> like it was necessarily implemented by genetic engineering. It might
> have been, although that means Typhon would have had to wait two
> decades to set it up, or else employed surgical modification or other
> methods for the first generation, switching to genetic engineering later.

The Typhonic "mindernet" does seem like a key, but cryptic, phenomenon
linking Mount Typhon to Mucor.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111014-0, 10/14/2011
Tested on: 10/14/2011 11:51:21 AM