(urth) [BGSpam]Re: Typhon's nature

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Oct 14 08:02:25 PDT 2011

From: larry miller

> Does anyone think this telepathic-internet might be connected with
> Cyriacas story?
Interesting idea.  My instinct is that Cyriaca’s story relates to a much earlier time, and she makes no mention of Typhon but refers instead to a machine-dominated society.  But it’s not inconceivable.
One other  reason for doubting it is that it seems improbable that Wolfe had thought of Mamelta when he wrote Cyriaca.
- Gerry Quinn