(urth) Faterh Inire

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 07:54:31 PDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 6:59 AM, larry miller wrote:
> yeah OK I can see the prospect of Inire going back seeking knowledge
> from the past.  Maybe he wished to learn all he could about humanitys
> religious beliefs to help him propagate the New Suns legend in the far
> future?  I am aware of Urth being in a previous universe than our own
> but it was always my understanding that the Urth iteration and ours
> were still very similiar (the Apollo landing picture, or the
> Antechambers references to Alice in Wonderland for example).
Well, if it's an iteration, it's going to be similar. The iterations get
"better."

It's complicated by the fact that (AFAICT) Severian is in the future of
that iteration which is in our past. His universe is older than ours but
has not yet been born. Thus the translator's note about excavating the
deep future.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111014-0, 10/14/2011
Tested on: 10/14/2011 10:54:31 AM