(urth) Urth - Earth links

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Oct 14 06:25:04 PDT 2011

From: Sergei SOLOVIEV

> If you got interested in the links between Urth and our world - please,
> answer this: how the Chrasmological writings were composed?
> Yes, we know "within the book" that Typhon/Pas ordered some scholars to
> do it.
> But I mean other question - what message wants GW to pass to us,
> regarding their content?
>
> There are several quotations from the books of our time. Actually,
> all passages that are explicitly  given are such quotations.
Didn’t Wolfe himself say somewhere that Typhon got his servants to make up a book of philosophy from eclectic sources, to be the Word of Pas?  Or was that someone else?
Whatever about ‘cycles’, Wolfe’s Urth is much the same as our Earth, and it’s prehistory at least (the era of the Dawn Men, extending up to the colonisation of the inner Solar System) appears to be nearly identical.  Not just the Chrasmological Writings but various objects and events in BotNS testify to this.
- Gerry Quinn