(urth) Typhon's nature

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Oct 12 20:04:48 PDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 8:43 AM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Just as a telepathic Typhon would not abandon
> radio and other electromechanical technology (see the Mule), the Beasts
> would not abandon basic tools of manipulation.

Yes, I agree.

> It seems to me your scheme of frightening humans into submission would
> only work for coastal peoples.

Sigh. I'm sorry to disappoint any expectation of a comprehensive plan
for world domination; I thought a few illustrative examples would
suffice. If you want the full scheme, I demand one million dollars!

"blot the sun with smoke and ash/send pestilences" should be credible
in places distant from water, especially if you *actually* blot the sun
for a while, or actually let some un-Urthly pests devour some crops and
bite prominent citizens.

The carrot may compel as well as the stick; presumably some people will
fall for the undine's charms and their offers of curiously wrought jewelry.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >