(urth) Return to the Whorl

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:20:24 PDT 2011

Is the deal explicetly stated in the text?  I totally missed that.
Earlier in the book Severian talks about Malrubius to Horn.  Severian
has to know this is the same man visiting him later because Horn asks
him about his book.  Why would  he think Horn is Malrubius now?  Did
you read the interview where Wolfe says that Horn takes a part in the
Hierodules plans but not a  "Leading"  part? That makes sense if Horn
leads the returning Human stock who will one day become the
Hierogrammates.