(urth) Typhon's nature

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:02:32 PDT 2011

I think calling it a fetus my be a mistake on Severians part.  I think
the Mandragora may in fact just be small.  It tells Severian it was
deformed- maybe in reference to its stunted growth?  Maybe thats why
Typhon never transfers into it. While Im thinking about it does anyone
have an idea what the "emerald bench" Severian mentions in the same
chapter could be?