(urth) Typhon's nature

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:56:47 PDT 2011

Dug out my long sun books last night to reread and found the quote.
Echidna has just possessed Maytera Marble and killed Blood.  She says
Citadel.........".  Wolfe always capitalizes the citadel to seperate
it from other strongholds so this Prime Calcula must be on Urth.  At
first I thought this refered to the thing Severian wakes in the mine
of the man apes.  But the mandragora seemjs to make more sense in the
context of Silk and Echidnas conversation.