(urth) Return to the Whorl

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 15:57:42 PDT 2011

>From: James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
>On 10/11/2011 8:50 AM, Tim O'Donnell wrote:
>> As far as I am aware the secret of the Inhumi is essentially the Golden Rule.
>> If we were nicer to each other they could not be feed on us.  As they absorb their
>> traits from their hosts they absorb their deceptiveness and cruelty from humans.
>> If we were nicer to us sure they would still be a danger, but the same level of danger
>> as a snake or some other deadly animal.

For me, this resonates with the trilogy's theme of parent-child relations.  Children absorb traits to some extent from their parents and other adults, so if we were nicer to children--indeed to people in general--they'd be nicer to us.

>They feed on us because we feed on each other. The animal inhumi would feed on us but their offspring would not.

Which would put those offspring in a world of hurt, incidentally.  Though /their/ offspring, if any, might go back to feeding on us.  The parallel to children may break down here.

Jerry Friedman