(urth) Silk's origin

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 13:21:20 PDT 2011

--- On Mon, 10/10/11, Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think his mother may be Mamelta. I don't know who his
> father is,
> though I take it the answer is lurking somewhere. I can
> think of a
> plausible sequnce of events that would allow it to be
> Typhon, but I
> can also see problems with that - notably, that if spirits
> on the
> Aureate Path appear as they did when they died, Silk should
> have
> noticed that his father had two heads.

the dream sequences equate Mamelta/Kypris/Mother and conflate Hy and Kypris (explicated through possession) as well.  The blue eyes of Mamelta (and Kypris) and Silk certainly connect them - it is of course my opinion that mamelta/Kypris and Typhon have had a biological son, Silk; I never fancied the proliferation of cloning.  But as with all ambiguous things, the validity of these associations is of course not obvious and consequently is not universally accepted.