(urth) [BGSpam]Re: Typhons nature

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sun Oct 9 15:04:27 PDT 2011

From: Marc Aramini

> If you look up some older threads, one was titled "Mamelta is Kypris",
> and there should be one titled "the summary for the case of Silk as a
> clone of Typhon" or something.  The textual evidence for Silk as a son
> include the multiple times that it is asserted that Pas wants a suitable
> heir, Silk seeing two sets of parents in his vision, Silk seeing his own
> head on Typhon's two headed body at the end of Exodus.

All these are fairly easily explicable without the assumption that Silk is
related to Typhon.

1.  It was Typhon who wanted an heir.  Pas was a potentially immortal
digitised entity, who didn't need one.  [Perhaps the failure to produce a
suitable heir was part of Typhon's motivation for creating the Whorl and
Pas.]

2. We know Silk was an implanted embryo, so it is no surprise that he has
two sets of parents; his genetic parents back on Urth a thousand years ago,
and his surrogate parents in the Whorl.

3. The vision of Silk's head on Typhon's body was an illustration created by
Kypris to encourage Silk to be scanned and joined to Pas in Mainframe.

- Gerry Quinn