(urth) Like a good Neigbor

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:56:18 PST 2011

>James Wynn: But if Seawrack did not *truly* believe Horn was
>dead--because she had some genuine reason solid reason for believing he
>was dead--then I have never read a Wolfe story. I honestly cannot imagine

>why there is any debate on this issue. This is about as emphatic a signal

>that Wolfe offers.

There should not be any debate. It simply isn't very hard to see. The chapter

title, the text formatting, the dialog; they all make it as clear as you could

hope to get from Wolfe. Horn died in the pit.

I fear we are seeing a self-destructive side of Marc which is painful to watch.

He is devoting so much time and effort and emotion into changing the minds of

people who are 1. genetically programmed to never admit changing their mind and

2. devoted heart and soul to ridding this board of posters like Marc.

Gawd, its like smoking crack. You know it will never bring satisfaction but you

keep going back one more time and one more time thinking this time maybe it will

work. Crack is not your friend Marc. Crack is your enemy and you should be willing

to recognize friend from foe. Don't feed those who seek your destruction. ;- )