(urth) Pig's eye

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Wed Nov 30 11:37:16 PST 2011

Marc Aramini quoted and wrote:
> >from roy: And there was a
> > working glass in Pig's recovery room for Silver Silk
> to use
> > in order to
> > reintegrate with his greater self in Mainframe.
> >
> > -Roy
>
> marc: So was Silver Silk still in mainframe while he was trapped
> in Pig? I need to look it over again. I know he
> was trapped in Pig ... but is that a fragment or "all" of
> him? The copying/deletion gets a bit onerous.
>

>So I guess I'm asking if SilverSilk was only reuniting with his greater
part or "returning" wholesale to mainframe, where he could then flash a part
of himself back to the body of Silk (if he was deleted or not present
previously, perhaps this would not be possible)<

Yes, Silver Silk in Pig could only reunite with his greater self in
Mainframe. That is the only way he could reunite with the "her" of the quote
I gave. Not even a human can come close to harboring all that constitutes a
god in the giant computer that is Mainframe. Scylla in Chenille at the lake
also said she must reintegrate with her greater self in Mainframe, when she
left Chenille. There is no reason to suppose that Silver Silk had been wiped
out of Mainframe.

And yes, it would have been possible for the greater Silver Silk in
Mainframe to flash part of himself into Silk's body, whether by way of the
Grand Manteion's Sacred Window or the working glass in Pig's recovery room.

Of course the "her" of the quote most properly refers to Kypris, because Hy
wasn't dead at the time Silver Silk became trapped in Pig. Hy may have "gone
to Mainframe", so to speak, when she died, but it wasn't Hy that Silver Silk
was longing for.

-Roy