(urth) Pike's ghost

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 15:21:41 PST 2011

--- On Tue, 11/29/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because the text says so.  But --guess what?-- that's
> NOT the only theory. Marc has posited that the whole event
> and Silk's communication with the Outsider was engineered by
> Pas and Kypris. I can bring up technical refutations ("Pas
> is dead.") but I fully know that I would like the story less
> if the enlightenment were a ruse.

I'm just going to barge in here, because I feel like this lack of "true" enlightenment is being a bit ... not misconstrued, but used in a secular anti-spiritual way I don't think is necessarily conducive to Gene's point of view.  I DO think that the voices Silk hears can be physically explained to some degree in that they were preprogrammed by his parents, Pas/Kypris, and I do find it ironic that these voices would lead him to reject the religion established by Pas to a great degree in something outside it [the Outsider Pas imitates), but I also find it wonderfully ironic that a false elightenment can be a true enlightenment, too, and serve a greater purpose.  Pas was calling him to his function as son and savior, but the words of Pas the demiurge helped create something much more spiritual than was originally intended.  So ultimately it doesn't matter at all whether there is a physical mechanism for those voices (I think there is) - it still has a
 mysterious impact.  Silks is a good man in a misguided religion, but enlightenment, whether related to a physical 1-2-3 type cause and effect or not explainable by the reality, is still enlightenment. That's all.