(urth) Pike's ghost

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Tue Nov 29 10:49:06 PST 2011

I think that there are still some "minimum requirements" to the people
who advance
an extravagant new theory -

- if they claim that the theory is supported by the text, it would be
fair to do the
work finding necessary quotations, and honestly present the context (not
to make
the opponent to browse the whole book to find out that the next sentence
to the
sentence just quoted is disproving the theory)

- to be polite, and not to present disagreement as stupidity

- not to try to intimidate the opponents presenting their hypotheses
as common knowledge and consensus

Regards

Sergei Soloviev