(urth) Pike's ghost

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Tue Nov 29 09:14:33 PST 2011

From: David Stockhoff
> On 11/29/2011 11:30 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> > *From:* António Pedro Marques mailto:entonio at gmail.com

> > > Where does it say that? Pas on the Sacred Window after Sand's
> > > sacrifice has
> > > a radiant head and a stupefied one.
> > You’re right – I never noticed that.
> > At the same time, I never noticed the heads being different elsewhere.
> > Perhaps Pas had to restore from an early save.
> > I  guess that Silk’s head would replace Piaton’s, then. But I still
> > think that his intended position will not be the equivalent of
> > Piaton’s. The two-headed aspect of the god Pas has become real.

> And ... drum roll ... WHY do you think that? WHY do you guess that? WHY?
Lots of reasons.  Presumably Kypris doesn’t show Silk his own head gasping.  And I don;t think she’s trying to trick him either.  Also, in RttW he seems to play a role in Pas/Silk that is greater than Piaton’s role in Typhon/Piaton.  And it fits with the concept of the evolution of our idea of god which Wolfe seems to imply in the text.
- Gerry Quinn