(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:22:34 PST 2011

>Antonio Pedro Marques: Some guy said something about you being represented by

>your ideas. As such, pointing out problems with your ideas is tantamount to

>delegitimising you as a person.

Nobody said that Antonio. What I said is that ideas represent people in here.

Disagreement is one thing. Derision and ridicule is another. We all know how

to exit an argument and "agree to disagree". If instead, a poster chooses to

resort to insulting the ideas of others, I find that worthy of addressing.

This list is not a literary review journal but I see no reason we can't

attempt to approach the standards for appropriate, professional, adult conduct

found in the writings for such publications. We all have little eruptions of

childish emotions in the course of our lives.. But we don't have to express them

in writing and publish them on the internet every time we feel them. Do we?