(urth) Pike's ghost

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:30:22 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 4:08 PM, Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> [Roy offers a time-line]

I have some problems with a couple presumptions in your time-line, and
there are some important mentions of time that you have not brought up.
However, I'm not inclined to critique your time-line when I haven't
produced one myself because that would be insulting. So I shall concede
to you the argument at this point.

> As I have said, I do not believe that dream travel involves time travel.

On the issue of the second Oreb and on the grandmother's tale you've
never proposed an explanation that I know of.
I cannot argue with "I don't believe it".

> Neither do I believe that what Mucor does when she sends her spirit forth is
> the same thing that Silkhorn does when he dream travels. [...]

Nor do I. I have repeatedly noted the difference in the way she
disappears in Silk's room vs how she disappears from astral travel in
the tunnels and on the Trivigaunte floater.

> That paradox aside, if you postulate that she went back in time to when
> Silkhorn was in Blanko, then Hy had already been dead for at least two years
> and Horn's proposed trip to the LSW could not possibly have put her or Silk
> in jeopardy because he wasn't there and she was dead.

"if you postulate that she went back in time to when Silkhorn was in Blanko"
Do you mean "forward in time"?

Be that as it may. Neither Silk nor Hy were in any danger for Horn
coming there. After "Horn's" death on Green, our Narrator wanders all
about Viron without any fear or threat. Perhaps you think Silk or Mucor
were lying.

> Further, Mucor did
> contact Silkhorn twice while he was in Blanko, both times about Babbie and
> both times in "real time", i.e. the "present" of the story.

That's true. So what?