(urth) Like a good Neighbor

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:20:03 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 2:56 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> Nah. Those tricks are for fighting cold temperatures on earth. None would work
> in outer space. The best ethylene glycol (car antifreeze) could do would be
> to stay liquid at -51C (at highly toxic levels, mind you). The void is -273 C.
>
> I think the only chance a living thing might have of surviving extended void
> exposure might be the spore stage of bacteria (and even there, the chances are
> slim). But that's the thing. A spore can only be produced by a single cell
> organism. Multicelled creatures require an internal liquid medium.
> [...]
> Don't drink the
> inhumi kool-aid!  They travel through space the way we are shown they travel-
> using deception to become an unwanted hitchhiker. Better check the cargo hold
> of that lander for stray lianas too ;- ).

Although Fava dies in the snow, Jahlee travels with the Rajan on
horseback through the winter. There are a lot of problems technically
with flying high enough by flapping your wings to leave the
gravitational pull of one planet to enter another.**
But then there are technical problems with two planets regularly getting
as close to each other as Green and Blue do.

Considering how hard hardy the inhumi are understood to be, the
surprising thing to me is that Fava died at all.

Jahlee speaks with great reverence for the risks her mom took to obtain
a soul for her. Of course, she might ACTUALLY have been referring to her
hopping a lander.

**The reason things burn up when they hit the atmosphere is because they
have to be traveling very fast to be in ORBIT. Inhumi don't care about
being in orbit. They just fall. So they would not burn up in the atmosphere.