(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 23 10:08:24 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> >Gerry Quinn: There’s a puzzle here if you think there is a biological connection,
> >though.

> Perhaps it would help (help you stop arguing with Marc) if you just consider it a
> spiritual connection and stop dwelling on the biology.

If Marc proposes a spiritual, non-biological connection, I’m perfectly willing to discuss that.  But that’s not what he’s been proposing so far.

For that matter, I haven’t been all that active in discussing Marc’s theories.  But when I do, I do him the honour of discussing the theories he actually puts forward, and not some alternative, selected by you.

> >Lianas exist on both planets, and presumably always did, though I suppose
> >one could make a theory that the lianas arrived on Blue at the same time as the
> >inhumi, and the Neighbours just failed to mention it.  So why don’t they develop
> >into inhumi on Blue?

> Perhaps they do. I see no evidence that they don't. Are we shown any means by which
> inhumi get to Blue?

We’re told they fly.  You are correct in that it is conceivable that they cannot (and would sit better with known laws of physics), and lie about it.  It is puzzling, if so, that their numbers appear to increase at conjunction, but perhaps they are more active then.  Horn himself says something about many or most of them staying over between conjunctions.

There are further problems, though.  We are also told baby inhumi need certain life forms that are only found in pools on Green.  And that’s plausible because they do appear to originate on Green.

- Gerry Quinn