(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 23 07:41:53 PST 2011

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes
> Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > A nice metaphor – but I’m not trying to torture you, Marc.  I just don’t
> > think the books support the notion that inhumi are vegetables.

> I don't know whether the inhumi _are_ the lianas or not, but I think
> it's beyond clear that there is _some_ vital connection between them.
Maybe I’ll feel the same when I complete my re-read.  Right now I don’t see anything but metaphor – lianas prey on trees as inhumi prey on people and Neighbours.
There’s a puzzle here if you think there is a biological connection, though.  Lianas exist on both planets, and presumably always did, though I suppose one could make a theory that the lianas arrived on Blue at the same time as the inhumi, and the Neighbours just failed to mention it.  So why don’t they develop into inhumi on Blue?
Also, Quetzal had a tree in his garden.  Not a liana.
- Gerry Quinn