(urth) Like a good Neighbor

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:24:28 PST 2011

On 11/22/2011 7:31 AM, entonio at gmail.com wrote:

> Aiui James considers that the definiteness of Horn dying in the pit is
> an important element in itself - not the death, but its definiteness.

Sure. This is not like the end OBW where Marc believes he detects a
death. The death on Green is not treated this way.
The narrator makes a big freakin deal over the moment Horn falls in to
the pit. Saying "Well, there are lots of deaths in this story" doesn't
cut it for me. I think this is one of the biggest non-secret secrets in
Wolfe literature. He never waves flags like this. But apparently it
wasn't enough.